The objectives of this manual are to:
- Build the capacity of trade unions and workers regarding climate change and how it affects the economy and the world of work.
- Create awareness and raise consciousness on climate change, its effects, challenges, opportunities and the role of trade unions can play in its mitigation.
- Impart knowledge and skills by training workers on climate change, effects, and the related challenges and opportunities for trade unions.
- Promote trade union- and worker-activism and collective action around climate change in order to promote decent work.
- Advocate for pro-worker climate policies and strategies in Zimbabwe.
- Give an overview on international structures and the UNFCCC process.